From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Brueckner
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 3:12 PM
To: 'For users of Fedora Core releases'
Subject: RE: Newbie needing help

SELinux can really complicate matters for Linux newbies.  I
recommend you disable it on install.  This may clear up
problems 1 through 3.

Problem 4 is often due to updates defaulting to the same
server.  After you reinstall, check out this webpage on how
to change your configuration files to use a mirror instead of
the overloaded redhat servers:

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror

I'm sure you'll still have issues after you do these two
things, but try them first then come back to us.

Good luck; Linux is hard to learn but very gratifying once you get it!

 - Steve