Re: Compiling Kernel on FC2

Steven Pasternak wrote:

I use FC2 and have tried to compile kernel 2.6.9-2.6.11-rc2 and have even tried installing the RPMs. When it goes to boot the new kernel, it doesn't know what usbdevfs is when it tries to mount it. Suse 9.1 didn't do this, I think, because it used usbfs instead. What am I supposed to do? I use the /boot/config-2.6.5-1.358 as the .config file (after turning off 'generic x86 support and setting it to athlon). I don't know if there are any other problems, because I reboot after kudzu says that my printer (usb) is gone. Thanks!
-Steven

How are you building the kernel? I have been using my own compiled kernels on FC since FC1. I noticed this problem with recent 2.6.9/2.6.10 kernels, but found that using -ac sources and the generic configure file and then enabling/disabling features as I need, everything was normal again.