Re: Getting Kernel Source

Paul Howarth wrote:

Glenn Story wrote:

What is the recommended way of getting the kernel-source package
update that matches a kernel update retrieved with up2date?  If I
request source with up2date (either generally or specifically for the
kernel rpm) I get complaints about error 404 file not found.

Which version of Fedora Core are you using? FC3 has no kernel-source package.

In general you can get the kernel src.rpm from the SRPMS directory of the Fedora updates directory for your distribution on your favourite Fedora mirror site.

Paul.

I think he means the package kernel-sourcecode like in FC2 or kernel-source package as in RH and FC1. I know you can "make" such a package from the kernel.src.rpm, I still think it may be convenient to have one such package for those cases where you need them.