Re: ASUS A7V8X-MX SE Motherboard

Anthropos wrote:

I have installed Fedora Core 3 on the subject motherboard. During the reboot after installation, the sound system is tested. At this time, I heard the right channel, left channel, and both channels at normal volumes and, therefore, I clicked 'yes' to the question asking if I had heard the sound.

After logging in as 'root', I have to turn the volume to 100% and the PCM to 100% in the software settings and I have to turn the volume knob on the speakers to 100% to hear sound. What happened?...

The MB has an AD1980 device (AC'97 SoundMax) that is recognized as a VIA 8235.

Try using the suggestions for that card of how do you need to configure modules.conf/modprobe.conf and try restarting the alsasound service so the changes take effect, use alsamixer to set the volumes and that should be it.