Installation wont run

Fedore Core 3 starts from my CDROM but, after a few preliminary windows which I presume come off the CD, a window asks for the source for installation. When I enter CDROM it says it cannot find it. How come? After all, were not the preliminary      question windows off the rom. How can I get the installation program to proceed?
Al