Re: GRUB will not be overwritten

Terry Polzin wrote:

On Thursday 27 January 2005 09:45, Krzysztof Kujawski wrote:

I haven't wiped out any partitions.
I tried chroot /mnt/sysimage as rescue CD let me.

But I don't know how to exit and reboot from shell -- rescue CD wrote that
after command chroot /mnt/sysimage
exit from shell and the system will be reboot.

Exit not results in rebooting.

Id this command in one line?

chroot /mnt/sysimage/sbin/grub-install /dev/hd(3)

No, it's two command lines chroot /mnt/sysimage -- makes the / command tree you would have after a normal boot effective ( you are no longer running commands from the rescue /bin, /sbin directories)

The /sbin/grub-install /dev/hd(x) should re-write the MBR.

Then exit twice, the first one will return you to the rescue environment, the second will reboot the system.

Now that I've done this, when I select /dev/hdb1 to boot from in GAG, I get a grub> prompt? How can I get this to show me the option for Fedora or boot directly into fedora?