Re: Pl 500 Install

Robert Slade wrote:
Hiya,

Having got some more spare time, I have tried to see if I can get FC3 on
this beast. It will run free bsd, but that does not have a multi
processor kernal at present which means that it is very slow (it's a
Quad processor model).

Well, you know it would help to know what exactly do you have. Not what is on the sticker on your PC box, but what is inside (processor(s), SCSI controller, what model of SCSI CD-ROM)?

I can get around the memory not being recognised but a CD Rom problem
has me stumped now.

The machine has a Scsi CD Rom and when I boot from CD, it looks like the
CD is seen as a series of iso images rather than 1. The boot program
runs so far, but then I get cannot find installation media and asks for
the disk id.

Maybe you haven't burned CD properly. Just a wild guess.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited