Re: Should I wait for Fedora Core 4? or "Dan t you don't scare me"

On 01/26/2005 02:03:42 PM, Bill Case wrote:

Would the Yelp 2.9.whatever be the easiest. It should already have all the parts in place??

No. Building yelp 2.9 on FC3 is not so easy - it depends upon on other development components of gnome that are newer than what FC3 ships with.

You might be able to build it in a rawhide environment, but if you updated everything in fc3 that you needed in order to build yelp, you would end up breaking other stuff and essentially have a rawhide system.

I want man and info support in yelp as well - it use to be there in an earlier version of gnome (2.2 or 2.4?) and then for whatever reason was removed before a replacement was necessary.

If you really want the new yelp, you will probably have to change your system to rawhide, which has broken packages/dependencies from time to time.