Re: FC as network firewall.

Hi, what i need is this:
i have a Cisco Router and 8 servers with 8 public ips,
now i need of a firewall and i want to setup a linux server
as firewall to filter all incoming traffic from router and
pass it to a servers if the firewall policy have passed.

What i need to know is how can i setup the ethernet card
for use it as firewall-gateway for my public lan.
Best regards.

Samuel Díaz García ha scritto:
Whats do you need?

First, take an eye on to multiple HOW-TOs.

In www.netfilter.org you can find many documentation about IPTABLES and the extensions.

In www.lartc.org you can find many documentation about routing, bandwidth, etc...

After that (three or four days to review docs and know what do you need and some tests with your FC) ask us again. don't you?

Good luck.

Franco escribió:

Hi, i have a PIV 2.7 Ghz with 768 MB with 2 NIC card,
can someone help me to configure it as firewall for my
public subnet?
Thanks.