Re: logrotate and mailman

I don't think this is all. I am seeing it with anything that gets logrotated, not just mailman..

Peter

Paul Tomblin wrote:

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:14:39 -0600, Peter Smith
<peter.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Paul Tomblin wrote:

I just noticed that the mailman bounce log messages aren't going into
/var/log/mailman/bounce, but rather to /var/log/mailman/bounce.1.  It
looks a lot like logrotate did the actual log file rotation, but
didn't do whatever it takes to make mailman close its log files and
open them again.

Have you made a Bug entry for this?  Also, are you running any level of
SELinux?  I believe that logrotate is not sending the HUP signals
correctly and the threads that get their logs rotated are continuing to
write to the same log..

Peter

Bugzilla number 143008

Nothing to do with SELinux.  I fixed it myself on my system and the
log rotation seems to be working right.