Re: Website using port 85

Steven J. Brown wrote:
When I browse to other sites such as www.redhat.com, I see the domain name in my browser's status bar. When I browse to my site, however, I see my server's IP address. I thought, perhaps, that if I could fix it so that when you browse to my site, you see the domain name (in the browser's status bar) instead of the IP address, this might allow my site to slip through at work.

You may be looking for the "UseCanonicalName" option in apache apparently it says :

### UseCanonicalName: (new for 1.3) With this setting turned on, whenever ### Apache needs to construct a self-referencing URL (a URL that refers back ### to the server the response is coming from) it will use ServerName and ### Port to form a "canonical" name. With this setting off, Apache will ### use the hostname:port that the client supplied, when possible. This ### also affects SERVER_NAME and SERVER_PORT in CGI scripts.

Serge