Re: Triple boot FC3 intallation question

Bob Brennan wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:57:14 +0000, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bob Brennan wrote:

I have a Pentium III PC with Windows ME and Win2k Pro currently
dual-booting. For reasons not important to this question I want to
keep both current OS's and add FC3.

I am well practised in setting up the proper partitions for such an
installation but am wondering in advance if anyone knows if all 3 OS's
will now be available in the FC3 boot loader, which I usually choose
as the default Grub loader.

Thanks in advance for advice / warnings.

If you install grub in the MBR, you'll get a choice of two entries in
the grub menu, one for FC3 and one for DOS/Windows. When you select the
DOS/Windows entry, you'll get the Win2K boot menu that you currently
see, allowing you to choose between WinME and Win2K.

Paul.

Thanks for that quick answer Paul. I will cross my fingers, take a deep breath, and go for it. And yes, most importantly backup anything important to CDR before starting.

bob

Well, at least you'll be able to recover the Windows loader through the recovery console (if something goes wrong).
Maxim