Re: Installation of Tar and development tree rpm packages

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 19:08 -0500, David Curry wrote:
> Thanks, Dant.  I have taken a preliminary look at the Legacy Project
> since it is clear that FC2 (my current installation) will likely move to
> legacy status before the end of the year.  FC1 may very well meet all of
> my needs, but the question I would have about switching to FC1 is how
> long will that version be maintained/supported by the legacy project?

I think the answer to that will be: "as long as there is sufficient
interest in that distribution". So you'll see that Red Hat 8 is no
longer supported by fedoralegacy, but Red Hat 7.3 is.

FC2 will, at least initially, be supported by fedoralegacy so there's no
need to downgrade to FC1. How long it will stay supported remains to be
seen. I would expect FC1 (the last 2.4 kernel-based version) to be
supported longer than FC2 (the step from FC2 to FC3 is not a big one, so
there's less justification in keeping FC2 support going).

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>