Re: GNU tar installation?

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 09:48, Craig White wrote:
>On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 15:37 +0100, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
>> On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 09:29 -0500, Leonard Isham wrote:

This version of tar is known to be broken when used as amanda uses it.
1.13-19 and 1.13-25 both work just fine, as does the new 1.15-1.

It will install in /usr/local/bin whereas the 1.14 is in /bin, all you
need to do is rebuild amanda to point to it.  I'm running 1.15-1 with
amanda and am not having any problems not of my own doing, like a
faulty exclude file.  You can rpm -e the rpm of tar-1.14 if you'd
like.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)