Re: Japanese Language in Fedora Core

Hi Didier,

superespectacularisimamente-spambuster@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi there,
          I need to typeset in Japanese in Fedora Core
2 or 3. Can anybody give me a step-by-step procedure
on how to do this? Or how to use the latest iiimf!

I want my environment to be in English but being able
to copy/paste Japanese text from Firefox to my word
processor.

C&P should work on all applications which are able to display japanese text.

And also I use sylpheed-claws to read my mail but
somehow I can't paste Japanese characters in it. Any
help from the pros would be most appreciated. :-)

For sylpheed I use a wrapper script which starts sylpheed in an japanese environment

apprich@elmstreet apprich $ cat ~/bin/sylpheed
#!/bin/sh
export LC_ALL=ja_JP
export LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
export XMODIFIERS='@im=kinput2'
kinput2 -canna &
/usr/bin/sylpheed

You can use this wrapper for all GTK-based applications. All GTK
based applications are able to handle japanese. Typing japanese
is possible by pressing shift+spacebar

You need to have kinput2 and Canna installed.

Cheers, Didier.

Alex