Re: Hardware for Linux Kernel 2.6

On Monday 24 January 2005 22:05, Minnie Lau wrote:
> I have tried to install Linux Kernel 2.6 on Dell PowerEdge 1750 but failed
> to do so, and I am thinking about buying Dell PowerEdge 1850.  Does any one
> know if the hardwares are being supported by Linux Kernel 2.6?

Dell often changes the specs for their models without warning... I've seen
1750s with both Broadcom Trash and Intel gigabit cards ... Others made the
same experience - (i.e.
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2003-July/032346.html)
but in no case these systems seem to have major issues. Make sure you get the
latest bios updates - there are dell models out there that can't even read a
DVD correctly until the firmware is updated...

Peter.