Re: html format question/ OOo

Marc M wrote:
> I have what is probably a silly question for a lot of you.  Whenever I
> cut and paste text from Open office's Writer application to an online
> form box (such as 'paste your resume here'), I get a mixture of upper
> and lowercase characters on the html form.  Example:
>
> ThE HTMl pasTED informATion lOOks LIKE THIs.
>
> 1)  Is there something that I did wrong when creating the original
> document, that mis-formats these characters when converting to html?
> I am under the impression that OOo is wysiwyg; however I make
> allowance that maybe there is a feature that I have missed ?
>
> 2)  I would consider that if anyone has a line or two of code that
> would fix the document globally then maybe I could put that (in white
> or clear font) into the Writer doc.  But then again this would show up
> loud and clear when pasted, so I am not sure how much good that would
> do?

You're assuming that it's something you've done. I very much doubt that:
it looks like a bug. There's a number of things that Would Be Useful To
Know, though:

 * Which program has the "HTML form"? Do you see the same problems
   across Mozilla, Firefox and Konqueror?
 * Which version of Fedora?
 * Are you up to date on fixes?
 * Which version and release of the applications? (Use
   rpm -qi openoffice.org, for example)
 * Do you get the same problem from other parts of Open Office? Other
   programs? Pasting into anything else?
 * Do you get the same problem if you create a new user and log in as
   them?

Sorry, that's quite a checklist. But it's going to be asked...

If the bug hasn't been fixed, then it should probably go in Bugzilla.
But it will help them if you can gather this information first.

James.
--
James Wilkinson       | Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?
Exeter    Devon    UK |