Re: Syslog Question (Receiving Remote Logs).

David Cary Hart wrote:
On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 15:25 +0000, [NICK] wrote:

Hi,
I'm having trouble finding what I need... :-(

Does anyone know if it's possible to take incoming logs and write
different files for different sources ?

Not a complete answer but most people are better off using the ULOG
target (rather than LOG) in IPTables which will give you a separate
firewall log. I believe that the ULOG target is built into the stock
kernels. Take a look at http://gnumonks.org/projects/project_details?
p_id=1
Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
http://www.TQMcube.com

Taking a little bit further down the road the question from the OP, is there a way to deliver mail sent to root to a regular e-mail address (say my usual e-amil address) so that I could recieve mail from my server which would actually be the mail sent to root's mailbox, but re-directed to me (the actual system admin). Is there a safe way of doing that? If so how?