Re: gui dvd ripper

Michael A. Peters wrote:

I have not had any problems with dvd::rip - I don't create avi's though, I create an ogg (divx video, ogg audio, ogg container)

Been using it since RH8 and it just works quite well.
I guess YMMV

I can confirm that... Making .avi files may be trickier (I think you require a program that doesn't get installed by default?), in any case making ogg's (or ogm's) just works without a hassle. You can get it from the yum repos of many sites like freshrpms.net for instance.