Re: [way off-topic] legal disclaimers [Was: Re: Using Red hatEnterprise Linux (RHEL) at home]

Lelegard Thierry wrote:
Let me note that my message was a reply to a question in this list,
providing information to someone who requested it. In short, if I get
flamed about some stupid disclaimer that I did not want anyway when
I try to help someone, maybe the solution is to stop trying to help.
So please, stay focus on the message, not on the envelope.

I'm sorry if you felt flamed. It was not my intention. Actually, it was not my intention to start this (new) thread as flame of any kind, or for people to start flaming in it. All I wanted is to hear opinions about disclaimers from people who do the same job as myself: from system administrators/analysts/managers/whatever. I've used the disclaimer from your email because it was handy.

Once again, nothing against you, or anybody else who's emails are altered with disclaimers. This thread was supposed to be "are there any legal weight to them" or "are they simply something silly, with no real weight, that makes company xyz.com look unprofessional, and wastes everybodie's else disk space".

Please, do continue to help people.  With disclaimers or not :-)

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited