Re: System refusing connections after CORE 3 SOLVED

Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:

Markku Kolkka wrote:

Gary W. Sherwin kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika sunnuntai, 23. tammikuuta 2005 15:00):

I upgraded to Fedora Core 3 yesterday. Now postfix is
receiving mail from the net,
but refusing all client connections. Telnet connections to
port 25 work, but not 110.
How do I get this working again?

Port 110 is the POP3 port. Postfix has nothing to do with accepting connections from POP3 clients, it's a SMTP server. Install a POP3 server, either dovecot or cyrus-imapd.

And make sure to also open these ports in your firewall (if you have set one) with system-config-securitylevel. Good luck!

Thanks, but it was already installed and configured. Sorry I forgot to mention that. However,
Thanks to http://eeek.borgchat.net/lists/rhl/msg83829.html, I just uninstalled and reinstalled dovecot
and now it works. Thanks

Gary