Re: SOLVED: smartd troubles: what package supplies?

Mark Weaver wrote:
Stuart Mackintosh wrote:

I've been wondering what package supplies the smartd daemon that starts at system startup.

rpm -q --whatprovides `which smartd` kernel-utils-2.4-9.1.101.fedora

ok..so even after reinstalling the necessary package I'm getting this message from the services dialog when starting smartd:

smartd dead but subsys locked

apart from the obvious whats it telling me?

Did a little rooting around and found inside the smartd.conf it had listed two drives. I had, at one time two drives in the machine however, the second drive has since been removed. Apparently smartd never got the memo. I removed the second entry in the file and viola! it works now.

Thanks,

--
Mark
Linux User Since 1996