Re: Mailman + squirrelmail ONLY through https://

i use virtual hosts to do this.. i have the follwoing vhost entry, its KISS solution i think.

i am assuming that you have https up and working. i am forwarding a port from a router to the apache server with sqmail.

i am using httpd-2.0.40-11.7. this is all you should need.

give it a go.

<VirtualHost myhostname:443>
DocumentRoot "/data/squirrelmail"
ServerName mail.mydomain.com:443
CustomLog logs/mail.mydomain.com-access_log common
ErrorLog logs/mail.mydomain.com-ssl_error_log
TransferLog logs/mail.mydomain.com-ssl_access_log
SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key

        <Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
            SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
        </Files>
        <Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
            SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
        </Directory>

        SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
               nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
               downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
        CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
                 "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

 </VirtualHost>

Andrew Schaffner wrote:
Friends,

I hate to ask this -- but I can't get my http.conf right ...

I want all squirrelmail and mailman links to be https://

I found this on the web:

RewriteEngine On
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteCond   %{SERVER_PORT}  !^443$
RewriteRule ^/secret(.*)$ https://www.domain.com/secret/$1 [L,R]

I've tried so many different combinations of alias and redirects that
I just have to give up and I have to ask

The /webmail It works great for http but I get all kinds of errors
trying to switch it over to https
The /mailman starts off in https but reverts to http on any subsequent
link. I realize the mailman.conf file does not include subsequent
links but I'm stuck :-)
I would be grateful if someone would even post a link with an example
that I could follow. I'm looking for the K.I.S.S. solution to this :-)
I have root access on the webserver.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

---- This is the mailman.conf file if necessary ---
#
#  httpd configuration settings for use with mailman.
#

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
<Directory /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/>
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/public>
    Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

# Uncomment the following line, replacing www.example.com with your server's
# name, to redirect queries to /mailman to the listinfo page (recommended).