Re: Resize ext3 Partition

Shane Archer wrote:

I have an install of FC3 on an ext3 partition, with an older NTFS partition containing an XP install on the same drive.

I am using XP less and less on this particular system, and I need to reclaim more space for /var which is on the drive. What program or utility, if any, would be capable of non-destructively shrinking the NTFS partition while expanding the ext3 partition?

I looked into Partition Magic Pro, but it appears that it does not support ext3, as their site claims only ext2 and swap:
http://sea.symantec.com/content/product.cfm?productid=1

I believe you can easily convert a ext3 partition into an ext2 partition by removing the journal:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/s1-filesystem-ext2-revert.html

Then proceed with your resize and add the journal back again later...

Cheers,
Raman