Re: multiple swap partitions

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 09:37:15 -0800, Gerhard Magnus
<magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does linux/fedora 3 allow for multiple swap partitions?  Can I define a
> second one on my other hard drive?

Yes, I believe this should work just fine.  In fact, I think it can
possibly improve the performance of swapping since you can use both
disks (same concept as some of the RAID modes).  I think you have to
set the priorities (pri=x) to be the same in fstab in the options
section.  It has been a while since I have looked at this stuff.
Google knows a lot about it : ).  Here is one site that I found by
searching for "swap partition priority linux" (no quotes):
http://www.fiveanddime.net/ss/swap.htm

Jonathan