Problems with Adaptec RAID

Hi all,

I've been working on and off on making an Adaptec 2810SA card work correctly with FC3; the card originally had problems with the board I was using it with, but the latest BIOS revision from Adaptec (7348) seems to have fixed that. However, after updating the BIOS, it has "broken" the kernel. The system hangs at the "Ok, booting the kernel" message.

Adaptec provides some updated drivers for the card on their site, listed for various flavors of RedHat and SuSE:
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/drivers_by_product.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&prodkey=AAR-2810SA&cat=%2fProduct%2fAAR-2810SA

Now, at this point and with my limited knowledge of linux so far, what would I have to do to make aacraid work with my install again? The system is running 2.6.10. Since the kernel is the kernel, I would think that even though Adaptec's drivers are "for" RedHat, they should work with FC3...right? Or am I missing some major fact here?

Thanks!

Shane