Re: what are you using to write webpages?

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:24:30 +0200, Anthony E. Greene
<tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 18:11 Jan 21, 2005 James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>What are you using to write webpages?
> >
> > You can go as simple as using EMACS,
>
> I don't think someone just starting to write web pages would find emacs to
> be simple. Maybe they'd find gedit or kedit to be simple, but emacs?

Why not emacs?  The modern emacs (at least in graphical X mode) is pretty
easy to use.  And it's still incredibly powerful for those who want it.  It's
fine to use other editors too; but for those who haven't looked at emacs
for a decade, it's much nicer than you may remember.

Anyway, just to make sure there's an extreme data point in this survey, I
only use:

  emacs - all XHTML, CSS, P3P, etc.
  gimp - all graphics
  python - all CGI scripting

I do agree that's not for everyone though.
--
Deron Meranda