Re: Newbie question - sharing files on dual-boot XP and FC3

Shared VFAT is a good solution. However, if you sometimes need to get some file from the other OS, and, and dont want to wait to reboot into it in order to get it to the FAT partition, than reboot back into the OS you are working on, you would probably want to usethose:

1. Read (only) NTFS from Linux
http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/downloads.html

2. Read (only) ext2fs/ext3fs from Windows
http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm

Regards,

Andro

Sure, but what I've done is to move ALL my user data into the vfat partition. So I never have to boot to windows just to get something. I did have a read only ntfs kernel installed but never actually used it - so i've dropped it now.

I'm now very happy with fc3 and my vfat data.

Anyone able to tell me how to move /home to the bfat partition by default? It would sort of make more sense given the way I use the system...

Duncan