Re: Named seems to have broken SSL

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am Fr, den 21.01.2005 schrieb A. Rick Anderson um 4:19:

While trying to get a canonical version of chooted 'named' running,
something I did seems to have broken SSL.  The certificate being
presented for every https site is claims to be from "localhost.localdomain".

I really doubt one has to do with the other. SSL cert issued from
"localhost.localdomain" (this is "hardcoded" information in the cert
file) is the default certificate, to be found under
/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/. For a custom cert you will have to explicitly
give it the real service hostname as CN.

Any idea which file I broke that would be messing up SSL?  Could this be
related to rndc.key configuation?

To the last question: no, hardly.

The part that confuses me is that named and dhcpd are the only services I have been meddling with, and obviously, the site https://www6.software.ibm.com/developerworks/education/l-lpndns/l-lpndns-3-1.html is not really presenting my browsers (both mozilla and firefox) with a certificate from localhost.localdomain.

What would be causing my browsers to grab the wrong certificate for https sites?
-- A. Rick Anderson