Re: how many times can we reuse/write to DVD+RW?

j p wrote:
.. also any interesting/useful info from folks who use
DVD+RW as backup media??

I used a DVD+RW as a backup tool.

I have 4 linux servers. All are mounted to the backup server via NFS to one directory. Each linux box tar and zips its own directories and moves them to the mounted NFS directory each night via a cron job. Then twice a week, the DVD burner burns that one directory and deletes the files. This has been going on for over 1 year with no issues. I used to use a DLT tape, but found the DVD medium much more reliable.