Crashing in stand by mode

Hi all

I am using a FC3 machine with latest kernel
(2.6.10-1.741-FC3). Its works fine, but after a while
when I don't use my system the monitor goes into stand
by mode its light start blinking which is normal.
Recently, when it goes into stand by mode and when I
press any key to return it into active mode it just
stays into stand by mode and I have to restart the
system manually by turning off the system. Maybe it
crashes or maybe it just stayed into stand by mode and
the system works and not crashed. The screen saver is
also disabled and also power saving options. One more
thing is that when I wanted to turn off screen saver
it showed a warning windows and said that XScreenSaver
daemon is not launched and when I clicked on OK to
launch it another error windows said that launching
xscreensaver wasn't successful. Does it make any sense
?

Thanks,

Helena