Re: Why is LANG set to en_US.UTF-8?

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:28:01 +0100, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Mi, den 19.01.2005 schrieb B Wooster um 1:17:

> > Do I need to worry about breaking something else if I set LANG
> > globally to just "en_US"?

I tried Putty - it does display man pages correctly, but I could not
fix the line drawing characters, so mutt, slrn, did not display
lines/arrows correctly.

Anyway, I'll follow the suggestion elsewhere in this thread - if my
TERM is VTsomething, will force LANG to be just en_US.
I still prefer to use TerraTerm (unlike Putty, it does not support
UTF-8), since it has ZModem support, great for quickly transfering
files.