Re: mrtg - apache problem

Rudolf Amirjanyan wrote:

Hello,

I have configured MRTG on my Linux RedHat9 box and it is working according
to what I did. but my problem is to access to the web page to see the
graphs.

working directory is /var/www/mrtg.

but when I want to access to http://myserverip/mrtg it gives this error.

"Access forbidden!
You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either
read-protected or not readable by the server.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 403"

when I create another folder in /var/www for example /var/www/test and copy
that mrtg files in this folder I can access them from explorer.
http://myserverip/test is working well.

I have tried to google this problem, and found that it can be BUG. pls
advise me what actions should be taken place to resolve this prob.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Rudolf

check your httpd.conf  and make this :
Alias  /mrtg/ "path/to/mrtg"
<Directory "/path/to/mrtg">
   Options Indexes
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

after, see the permission on this directory
the permision are:  drwxr-xr-x

after restart apache

alexandre Priou