Re: Booting

fly over wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm facing prob after FC 3 installation. the prob is when i boots the system it directly boot the FC 3 and doesn't display the options of Linux  and Windows. Please tell me how to fix this prob.

Thankx in advance.

There is an option that was added to the grub boot loader that hides the menu, unless you press any key while the boot screen is displayed. The timeout is usually pretty short, 3 I believe.
Anyway, you might want to comment out the below line or get used to pressing a key in order to show your other OS or kernel options during the grub loading. The hiddenmenu option is what cases the menu not to display.

default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,1)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
# hiddenmenu

Jim

--
"THIS time it really is fixed. I mean, how many times can we
 get it wrong? At some point, we just have to run out of really

	- Linus Torvalds"