firefox launch error

Hi,

   I am unable to launch firefox from either the "terminal window" or
using the GNOME icon from one of my "USER ACCOUNTS". When I initially
created the user account everything seemed okay and I could launch
firefox. But now, suddenly, firefox no longer launches. However, I am
able to su into root's account and lauch firefox from the terminal
window (definitely not a good solution to the problem!!).

  Any idea what might be the problem or how I could begin fixing this?
Any inputs will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Sid

--
Siddharth Devarajan