Re: cat5e laptop-to-laptop?

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 14:22, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> You need crossover cable.  You can buy one, or make one.  If you need
> only this one cable, and never will need another cable again in your
> life, it might be cheaper to buy finished one.  If you'd need to make
> another cable or two in foreseable future, it'll be much cheaper to buy
> a box of connectors, 50ft of cable and the tool that you need to attach
> connectors on the end of the cable.  Finished cables are total rip off.
>
> As for as configuration, you'd probably need to assign IP addresses
> manually.

Is this not what zeroconf was suppose to handle?  Have never seen
zeroconf work but everything I read says this is suppose to
automatically configure your network card for ad-hoc use.

If it does not do that then why  is zeroconf included?

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

"You must have an IQ of at least half a million."  -- Popeye