Re: Linksys WMP11 with Fedora Core 2

Erwin J. Prinz wrote:
See
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/List
for the cards which are reported to work with ndiswrapper, and see

As I said, if I'm in the market for new card, I'd avoid cards that need ndiswrapper. If I already had a card, than I'd use ndiswrapper.

http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Hardware
for some cards which work with an opensource driver, e.g. the Linksys WMP54G ver. 4.
However, that driver (for the Ralink chip sets) is not yet integrated in the kernel, but it works.

When it gets integrated, the card will make its way onto my shopping list. Not before.

The point was, I can simply buy the card that I'll unpack from the box, plug it into my laptop, and voila it works. If I can do that, why should I vaste my time on the card that I need to do additional work (each time new kernel is out) to get it working? Even if the work is trivial. 5 minutes of work here and there quickly adds up to an hour. One hour of my work is more expensive than wireless card.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited