Delete key and bash

Hi,

With FC3 I am seeing that pressing the delete (the key under insert, i.e. not backspace) produces just a tilde at the command line with either gnome-terminal or xterm running bash, but not tcsh. My understanding is that the line in /etc/inputrc that reads

"\e[3~": delete-char

should set all programs using readline, such as bash, to use the delete key to delete the character under the cursor. I have verified that the delete key is returning the correct escape sequence using Ctrl-v press-delete which returns ^[[3~, as expected. Any ideaas? Is this a bug?

Cheers,
Jonathan