Re: Wireless quit working after update to 2.6.10 kernel

Update your "wireless-tools" package, it seems to be that the problem.

The wireless tools (iwlist, iwconfig, etc...) and drivers need to be compatible with (at least) the version of your kernel wireless extensions.

I think if you use 'yum' or 'up2date' the wireless tools will be available for your kernel & driver wireless extension version.

Good luck.

Gerry Rucker escribió:

I'm using Fedora Core 2 and recently updated to the new 2.6.10 kernel. Afterwards my Netgear WG511 quit working. The only clue I have as why this happened is the following warning when I issue the iwconfig command:

"Warning: Driver for device eth1 has been compiled with version 17
of Wireless Extension, while this program is using version 16.
Some things may be broken..."

Is there an easy way to fix this problem?
Would appreciate any and all help.   Thanks,

Gerry

-- Samuel Díaz García Director Gerente ArcosCom Wireless, S.L.L.

mailto:samueldg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.arcoscom.com
móvil: 651 93 72 48
tlfn/fax: 956 70 13 15
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Samuel D=C3=ADaz Garc=C3=ADa
n;quoted-printable:D=C3=ADaz Garc=C3=ADa;Samuel
org:ArcosCom Wireless, S.L.L.
adr;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:;;c/ Romero Gago, 19;Arcos de la Frontera;C=C3=A1diz;11630;Espa=C3=B1a
email;internet:samueldg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Director Gerente
tel;work:651 937 248
tel;fax:956 70 34 83