Re: Just need a little help to get on to Internet with Wireless PCMCIA card in FC2

Rebel wrote:
Hi,
I installed FC 2 and had lot of problem with PCMCIA
card.
I finally managed to start my PCMCIA card (Xircom)
(using /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia restart ) but
I still cannot log on to internet. If i ping
www.yahoo.com

I am not on the network however I can see the ssid of
the network I tried to put using
ifconfig eth0 essid linksys

and iwconfig shows me the details for this ssid as

eth0 < ...>

wifi0 <...>

Am I missing something to get on to internet? I do see
that this laptop is in the clients in my router table
entries but I cannot ping it either from another
machin e. Its not responding!!

Please help!
Thanks
Rebel

Bad explanation of the setup you really have, but the way you say things I'm going to assume you're trying to connect to a broadband router wirelessly.

Check your routing table and ifconfig to see if the gateway and DNS ip listings are correct for the router.

Regards,
Ed.