Re: Adding USB mount points to FC2

Robbie Jolley wrote:
I need to add to USB mount points to my installation of FC2. I think I do this by adding them into the /etc/fstab file, but I really am not sure how to.

RJ

I believe tht you would add the /dev/usbdevice (usually /dev/sda1 for my usb hard drive) and create a directory like /mnt/usbdevice to mount the drive. I create the mountpoint and usually add the device to mount within /etc/rc.d/rc.local file by issuing something like below.
mount /dev/usbdevice /mnt/usbdevice
as an example.
The rc.local file is pretty late in the boot process and other factors should already have been initialized. I'm not too sure if usb funtionality is loaded before the drives are mounted from /etc/fstab or not.

Jim

--
"THIS time it really is fixed. I mean, how many times can we
 get it wrong? At some point, we just have to run out of really

	- Linus Torvalds"