Re: Dual Monitor Problem / Bug with Fedora Core 3

Analog Kid wrote:

However, there is a BUG! When I minimize an application (say the
mozilla browser) from the Laptop screen (i.e. my primary display)
everything works fine! That is, the minimized window goes and sits on
the "task bar" (i.e. the GNOME panel). Now, I can click on the
minimized window in the GNOME panel (i.e. "task bar") and it pops back
right up for me to continue using the application (i.e. Mozilla in
this case). HOWEVER, when I minimize an application window from the
SECONDARY DISPLAY (i.e. my external monitor), the application window
JUST DISAPPEARS (i.e. I can no longer find it sitting on the task bar
as a minimized window). Hence, if I minimize any application from the
secondary display, I LOSE the application. That is, if I minimize
Mozilla while browsing the net in the secondary display (i.e. my
external monitor), the window just disappears and I cannot find it
anywhere!!!!

Create a new panel and drag it to your second display. Right click the new panel and add an applet to it - the Window List. I'm not sure I like having two separate window lists, but it does work.

Frank.