Re: Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Timothy Murphy wrote:

Disk Druid is a dreadful program.

Nah, it's fine for many purposes, but there are some things that some people might want to do that aren't easy to do with it.

Why has the choice of fdisk disappeared?

It's there for experts, but IIRC was removed to avoid tempting newbies to try a dangerous and difficult tool.

I read that one could bring up bash (and so run fdisk)
by Alt-F2 when asked to choose
between automatic partitioning and Disk Druid (what a choice!)
but that did not work for me.

Should be Ctrl-Alt-F2 to switch from X to VC 2.

I wanted to re-organise my partitions while keeping hda1 which has Windows-XP on it. I couldn't see any way to do this with Disk Druid, so I had to start Knoppix, and run fdisk under that.

It seems rather bad to me that one has to run another distribution
in order to install Fedora.

Maybe I am missing something?

fdisk is available in rescue mode too.

-- Matthew Saltzman