Re: Need a complete config walkthrough for Samba/Winbind on RH or Fedora - samba 3

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin F. Berrien" <kblists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Fedora-list" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2005 7:14 PM
Subject: Re: Need a complete config walkthrough for Samba/Winbind on RH or Fedora - samba 3

The box I installed the other day ended up being a Windows box, as I didn't have time to
dig through the samba tech docs, tinker, and then test. The windows box was up in under 2
hours and running. Not much in the way of progress in terms of having choices.

Just curious - how many Windows servers have you set up? How many Samba ones?

Do you remember back to your first Windows installation? Did you know it inside and out like you do today? I suspect not. I suspect that you needed help, advice, maybe professional training. So how is it Fedora's fault that you need the same in the Linux environment?

Thomas Cameron, RHCE, CNE, MCSE, MCT