Re: networking between fedora and macos

On 16-Jan-05, at 1:58 AM, Scot L. Harris wrote:

To just transfer files the easiest way is to use scp. scp uses ssh so it is secure to use particularly over wireless.

Actually, I should have been more explicit in my first email. Sorry.

I was wondering about "real" networking, not just Internet type file transfer. I'd like to be able to drag and drop files between computers and, ideally, I'd like programs running on the Mac to be able to see directories on the Linux laptop so things like Mac OS's Mail "import" tool can simply read the mbox files on my old laptop to import them into my new one.

I wonder if it's just possible to mount my Fedora drive under Mac OS...

Hopefully you have wep enabled.  Even if you do have wep enabled I
recommend you use ssh and scp for access between the systems.

I do have wep enabled, mostly to keep random snoopers out. I also have a restricted list of mac addresses entered in the router so presumably no one but me can access it anyway.

--
Trevor Smith
trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx