Re: switching network profiles

On Saturday 15 Jan 2005 11:58, Neal Becker wrote:
> I'm trying to switch between 2 net profiles, both with static IP.  It
> doesn't work.
>
> I used the menu entry "system tools/network device control".  It doesn't
> seem to reset the IP.
Use System Tool>>Network.
configure two devices, each with the same hardware but the different static
IPs.
Disable 'Boot on startup'
Enable 'Allow users to activate this device'

Now you should be able to Start/Stop the Network
1/By running
 #ifup ethX  (where X is the number of the device you created for the static
 IP you want.
2/ Through the Network Device Control
3/ Via the Systems Settings>>Network dialog

Works for me YMMV

--
Tony Dietrich