FC3 and ThinkPad T41 - current and prior kernels and other problems.

Hi all,

I upgraded my T41 with the latest kernel this morning. It crashes during
startup when it tries to start X without any error messages.

Ctrl-Alt-F1 gets me nowhere. I also have not disabled Ctrl-ALT-Del for
these situations but it's not reactling either. The machine can not
bepinged' from another machine either.

I'm back on build 724 and most things work, Firefox still crashes from
time to time and X still terminates without warning every now and then.
So far, I have not been able to establish a pattern.

VMWare seems to make the kernel panic on occasion (Panic message doesn't
appear on the X11 screen but the caps-lock LED starts flashing,
indicating a panic).

I already have lm_sensors disabled.

Any ideas to make the T41 more stable will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Don't ask me nothin' about nothin' - I might just tell you the
truth ...