RE: Upgrading from red hat 8 and using a very large hard disk

Hi

Can anyone help me on the upgrade from red hat 8 to fedorea core 2 ?
Can I simply install fedora core over the top of my current system ?

Previously wrote:

Hi

I have a couple of initial qustions.

I'm currently using red hat 8, but wish to use upgrade to use fedora
core 2. I have downloaded the iso disks.

1) Could anyone tell me :
a) how I go about doing this
b) whether I can install fedora core without loosing the data and os
set up I currenlty have
c)what the best way of backing up my current set up is before doing
the new installation

2) I've installed fedora core 2 on another machine which currently has
a 10G scsi drive on it. I am hoping to add a very large IDE (200 -
400G) drive to this machine. Does anyone know of any problems I have
to look out for when using fedora with such as large disk ? Does
anyone have any tips about how I might go about installing fedora with
such a set up ?

 Cheers
Larry