Re: yum update problem and a request for a command.

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/1565828/com/bind-libs-9.3.0-1.i386.rpm.html
> the missing dependency files should be in the bind-libs package.  You
> could be running into the yum bug reported by Axel Thimms on this
> list.  You may need to update yum.  Or the packaging was defective and
> the files were not included.  To verify that the package is not broken
> you can download the package and use rpm to install it.  I would not
> try to use the one in the yum cache.  You can, of course, use "yum
> clean packages" and try installing bind-libs again.

Thank you Kam for both of your replies.

I solved the problem by using yum to remove bind-utils, and I was then able
to do a full yum update and then reboot to use the new kernel.

Many thanks
Sharon.
--
 16:05:17 up 25 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.29, 1.29, 1.06
A taste of linux http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/efever/index.html