Re: firefox-1.0 vs RealPlayerGOLD

On Friday 14 January 2005 12:46, David Cary Hart wrote:
>On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 12:38 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I've been screwing around, even did an install (by copying) of all
>> of /usr/local/RealPlayer into the /usr/local/firefox/plugins
>> directory, but any site I goto still asks me to download the
>> plugins for realplayer.  I'd love to be able to watch the huygens
>> shows.
>>
>> Somewhere that has to be a magic twanger that will make it all
>> work.
>
>You need to create the following links in
> /usr/lib/firefox-1.0/plugins
>
>nphelix.xpt -> /usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.xpt
>nphelix.so -> /usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so

Aha, now lets see if that works...

Yup, that did it.  Why doesn't reals rpm installer do that he asks,
grumbling...  I assume I need the same thing for mozilla-1.75?  It
was also installed by their installer.

>I don't recall how these ended up in /usr/local. Check your RM
> install and correct if required.

Both firefox and mozilla have never been installed by rpms here, since
the rpms versions are usually about 3 to 8 releases behind.

Many thanks David, I appreciate the help.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)